Alexa Ranking – Importance, Meaning and Improvement
Website reputation depends on the number of visitors that it receives. The most popular measurement units to check the performance of the website are provided which are named as Google Page Rank and Alexa Ranking. Well this post deals only with Alexa Ranking which describes the meaning of Alexa Ranking, the factors used to make the base to measure the Alexa Rank and the suggestions to improve the Alexa Ranks of a website.
What does Alexa Ranking Means?
Alexa Ranking System is a measurement unit of the website performance which is based on:
- 3 months traditional traffic information from Alexa Toolbar users
- Different traffic data methods
- Evaluation of page views and users
Alexa works out on the visits and page views for all sites on the Web on a daily time frame. These are 2 main factors to compute Alexa Rank.
How important is Alexa rank for a website?
As we know that Google Page rank does matter for the website owners, similarly the Alexa ranking is also plays an important role in building reputation on the web. At the initial stage the Alexa Rank is not available and shows No data for Alexa Rank. Alexa Rank may be reach in lacs and crores as the blog or site become popular the Rank is decreases. Lowest the rank most popular the site. Affiliate sites are also considers the Alexa Ranking for approval process. Well, all this discussion clearly shows the importance of the Alexa Ranking of the site.
How to improve the Alexa rank?
Now we already know much more about the Alexa Ranking and it’s time to know about the ways to improve the same. I suggest some of the points that should be taken into consideration to enhance the Alexa Ranking. Some of the points are:
- Alexa.com provides its own toolbar which has to download and uses it every day for your site.
- Download Alexa ToolBar.
- Motivate others to use Alexa Toolbar
- Write about the Alexa on your blog.
- Download and add Alexa widget which includes ranking button, traffic history graph, info links, and other traffic counters in your site’s webpage which receives more traffic.
Well that’s all for the day regarding Alexa importance. We will discuss other things about the same and also in details in later posts.